6.03 - Tools to identify toxic plants and noxious weeds.
Information on toxic plants and noxious weeds present in your area is available through your local private veterinarian or consultant or relevant state government authority.
Reference books, such as those listed below, are available from libraries or online suppliers.
- Poisonous Plants of Australia by S Everist, 1981, Angus & Robertson, Sydney.
- Poisonous Plants: A handbook for farmers and graziers by EJ McBarron, 1983, Inkata press, Melbourne.
- Medical and veterinary aspects of plant poisoning in New South Wales by EJ McBarron, 1976, NSW Department of Agriculture, Sydney.
- Australia’s poisonous plants, fungi and cyanobacteria – A guide to species of medical and veterinary importance by Ross McKenzie, 2012, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood, Victoria.
- Understanding Pimelea Poisoning of Cattle edited by Anne Collins